Since my last doctor visit, I have been doing a poor job of keeping up with my keto diet. I'm up four pounds since three months ago. I have been indiscriminate in my eating.
The thing is that this is not sustainable. I have not been feeling well. Four pounds is making a big difference in how I feel. I am going to have to be more mindful about what I eat.
Here are some things I have learned since then.
- allulose may be a useful alternative sweetener that has little impact on insulin
- A friend of mine is able to lower his blood sugar when it spikes by mowing his lawn. Perhaps a walk after meals would be beneficial.
- I should use Actifit more. The goal of 5000 steps is not a huge one. It's worth trying to get some reward.
- I need to drink more water
- I am sensitive to heat, going into tachycardia when experiencing heat stress